Thursday, March 20, 2008

Drop-O - Green Eggs and Sam the Man (one-sided ep) (Beat Jazz)

One-sided vinyl EP by guy I knew who works/worked at Waterloo Records in Austin... the single probably came out in 1995 or 1996 and I believe pressed by the Rise Records guys (Frank Kozik and Craig Koon) although it wasn't on that label... it's a Beat Jazz version of Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss.... I think they pressed maybe 30 to 50 copies. The cover is my own creation.



http://rapidshare.com/files/101065911/Drop-O.rar

6 comments:

  1. Ha! Died laughing when I saw this. Bill Jefferies at his kooky best. Great horn player who also printed his own weird comics. I still have my 7" copy of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is crazy, you can download this record from the net, but to get it on the real vinyl is almost impossible :-( Anyone has this for sale ??? please contact me sa.po{at}gmx{dot}de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill Jefferies still works (I believe) at Waterloo Records in Austin, Texas. You might try contacting him there and seeing if he has a few copies still boxed in some closet. Their address is:

    600 N Lamar Blvd # A
    Austin, TX 78703
    (512) 474-2500

    As for selling my copy, make an offer. It's so obscure I didn't think people were looking for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would pay $10 for each record (Drop-O, Henry Bison), if they are really on the Rise Records label. I think you won't get much more out of these. Would be cool, if you contact me through my e-mail, so we can work something out.

    sa.po{at}gmx{dot}de

    cheers

    PS: the waterloo records homepage doesn't work and I won't be able to call there :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... I would still be interested ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, anyone out there!? I want to buy the record ;)

    ReplyDelete